Monday, July 15, 2013

The blues and some more triangles


When I first saw this gorgeous pillow and tutorial a while back I instantly fell in love!  I immediately placed my order with Peg of Sew Fresh Fabrics and requested the exact same bundle of Kona Cottons in Ice Frappe, Aqua, Azure, Bahama Blue, Peacock, and Surf.  The bundle sat for a while until I was in the mood to make the pillow. 
A few weeks ago one of my best friends got married.  I had the honor of being one of the bridesmaids in the ceremony.  For a wedding gift I knew I was going to go the handmade route of course, but I wasn't sure what exactly to make.  Then I remembered that my girlfriend has a lovely collection of cobalt glassware on display in her living room.  Boom!  Enter my lovely bundle of blues.  I do not own a Sizzix cutter so I made my own bottle template and decided to follow the tutorial to a T.  Why mess with perfection right?  I couldn't gift just one pillow and still had plenty of fabric left for another and so I made the other pillow.  I don't know why, but again I went with triangles.  I think I need a triangle intervention :)  Really though, I think the triangles compliment the waves of the other pillow so nicely. 
 For the backs I used a Denyse Schmidt print from Joanne's and Svetlana's tutorial for a hidden zipper closure.  This is definitely my favorite method for finishing pillows.  I don't like doing it any other way anymore.
As usual, all the good stuff I make is always for other people.  I really need to start making some awesome stuff to keep for myself.  One day I guess. 
I will leave you all with a few shots from the wedding.  Seriously, it was the best and most beautifully styled wedding I have ever been to.  The theme was vintage everything.  It was lots of fun to get to wear an old 50's hairdo (which I did myself).
 Vintage ladies.  Aren't the colors lovely?
 The gorgeous bride and I.
Thank you all for reading!  Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I adore these pillows - fabulous job. I like your bridesmaids outfits, especially the shoes and necklace. Looks like a fun wedding.

    ReplyDelete