Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Honey Girl Dress, Voile Top

I was able to cross two more items off of my sewing checklist.  I made my sister a dress for her birthday.  I used the Honey Girl Pattern by Jaime Christina.  This is the second dress I've made from this pattern.  It's pretty easy and makes a great summer dress.

Honey Girl dress for sis

Today I finally finished up a top for my mom.



For fabric, I used super soft Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush Voile, purchased from Hawthorne Threads
I love Swedish Tracing paper.  Its so nice to not have to cut your original pattern, and its tougher than than pattern tissue paper.

voile top

I used bias binding to finish the edges instead of facings.  Here is a great tutorial on how to do it from the Collette blog.  It took me a few times to get it right.  The width of the bias tape I was using was too wide originally, and so I was getting all kinds of awful bunching when I tried to flip it over.  I trimmed my tape to 1" wide and then things finally went smoothly.

Untitled

adding bias facing neckline

finished AMH voile top

I can't wait to see my mom in it!

I've been making random granny squares when I can.  I've made four and thats about as far as I want to go right now so I am going to make a wall hanging.

Untitled


My favorite block.

Untitled

And finally some new favorite fabrics added to the stash.

Untitled

Now I think I can get started on my Tova.

No comments:

Post a Comment