Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Robo baby quilt start

You made it!  Thank you for taking the time to update your subscriptions and follow me over here.

One of my best friends is having a baby boy soon.  She really like robots so I bought this fabric for her quilt.  A hexagon quilt is on my sewing wish list and this fabric seemed perfect for the job.  I made myself a template and began cutting.

fabric for a boy quilt
I kicked that orange and red stripe out and substituted a yellow polka dot.
cutting half hexagons

I also made myself a design wall for about 17 bucks. It's much better than using the floor. here is as far as I've gotten.

on the design wall

On trips to the park I have been working on these jewel stars. I really enjoy English paper piecing. It's calming, and not as hard as I thought. Nice busy work for the hands.

jewel star

jewel star

I've gone from a whipstitch to a ladder stitch.  It looks much cleaner.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Jewel Stars. Can you please tell me where you got the templates from? I want to copy you.

    ReplyDelete