I finished a new pillow I have named the Sand Dollar pillow because of the way the quilting came out. As soon as I saw Jessica at Sew Crafty Jess's gorgeous Summer Scoops Scallops quilt I really wanted to make something with those shapes. I used my Accuquilt Go Baby! for the majority of the cutting.
I think I didn't love it at first because I had stared at it too long, but now it has grown on me and I'm pretty pleased with it. I really want to get better at color selection. I want to throw every pretty fabric I own in there and it gets unbalanced. Here I see too much green. I love red, I should have thrown in some red.
The quilting from the back. I intended to use Elizabeth's Dogwood method shown here. Instead I decided to go diagonally and my arches were more like waves. I did this with my walking foot.
I added some piping using some Peacock Lane and a zipper foot.
I used the "how to make a pillow" fabric for the back.
I also added an invisible zipper shown here (pun intended).
And here it is one more time for good measure. It finished at a size of 19 x 18 inches.
Next on deck is a the Honey Girl dress for my sisters birthday, if I can get it done in time. I made one last year and it came out nice. The shirring is a bit tedious but the end result is worth it. I love cutting everything with a pinking rotary blade, its so fun!
Wiksten Tova pattern. I cant wait to get crackin' on that either. It's on the list so, in time. Hope everyone has a great weekend!